Friday, March 30, 2018

Revenge of the Chaperon

Well, we did it.  We're home after a terrific week in Florida.  Yesterday our orchestra and Counterpoints students looked and sounded terrific at the Boathouse venue in Disney Springs.  I looked around a little during the choral performance and observed passersby stopping to enjoy.  The lady sitting next to me was moving with the rhythm.  The Disney stage techs were visibly engaged and enjoying the performance.  I myself was tapping my foot.  It was really great.

We jumped on the buses and moved from there to Animal Kingdom, where we had only four hours to enjoy the park.  So the choice there was the new Avatar 3D ride with a 160-minute wait, or five other things.  I chose the former, fellow chaperon Jeff chose the latter, and both of us were happy with the day.

So now that we're home it feels right to share some of my personal highlights of the week.

I got to know some terrific young people a little better.  Yes, it was great to watch them show off their musical skills at a foreign venue, but it was even better to feel proud of them while they did it.

I spent vacation time with my daughter.  Those opportunities don't come every day.

I was reminded why vacations are good.  Florida is breathtakingly beautiful and warm.  It took three days there for me to relax and realize how good I felt being away.  Many other people apparently understand this and go to Florida.  I saw a lot of them.  The problem is I get into the bad habit of confusing my view of day-to-day life with LIFE.  They are not the same thing.

I got to write this blog.  I hope you enjoyed it.  I certainly did.

Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revenge of the Chaperon

Well, we did it.  We're home after a terrific week in Florida.  Yesterday our orchestra and Counterpoints students looked and sounded te...