Monday, March 26, 2018
The Chaperon Awakens
Hello from Orlando, Chris Barsam reporting. What a pleasure it is to be here with the BAHS youth, I am grateful.
We are successfully completed our first day here, a day that was about 20 hours long, oy.
Several observations come to mind to share with you.
Not easy moving 106 teenagers from buses to airports (boarding passes and security and all that), from buses to hotel rooms (luggage and room keys and all that), and from amusement parks to buses. That it was successful is a credit to the music faculty and the students themselves.
I fear Disney dining is going to kill me. If fried chicken, burgers and fries are your thing, no worries. But there was a healthy wrap kiosk at the airport, and I was pining for something like that at Disney Hollywood Studios all day. And when did Disney become so boozy? Beer and cocktails from every vender. Could I please just have an iced coffee?
Today is another early day, seminars for chorus and orchestra. Band can sleep in. At least until 7:00.
More soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Revenge of the Chaperon
Well, we did it. We're home after a terrific week in Florida. Yesterday our orchestra and Counterpoints students looked and sounded te...
-
It's hot and crowded at Disney. We went from freezing back home to worrying about sunburn and hydration here. I know, cry me a river. ...
-
Hello from Orlando, Chris Barsam reporting. What a pleasure it is to be here with the BAHS youth, I am grateful. We are successfully com...
-
EPCOT is my favorite. I had just finished telling my daughter that the Disney experience was not really my cup of tea when we came upon the...
No comments:
Post a Comment